It is HOT with a capital BLEH in Boston right now. I consider myself a southerner at heart and the heat to be a friend, but not this kind. It’s sticky and so still – no wind for relief. Bring on those summer storms! We need to cool off!
1. My first thing that I’m grateful for will definitely NOT cool things down, so beware those without AC because it’s about to get a lot steamier…
That’s right ladies, I saw Magic Mike with a group of gal pals! I would have been in line on the first day it came out, but alas, I was in Maine. So I saw it the week I came back and boy was it worth the wait just to see them dance. Channing Tatum may be referred to the Beyonce of men – the way he moves his little body makes women happy (in their pants). The story line was awful and didn’t go well with the stripping, but there was stripping (without their pants) sooooo…. And one thing’s for sure: if Channing and Matthew weren’t in it, it definitely would have been a bust (in your pants). Needless to say, it got a standing ovation (in my pants).
2. Secondly, this weekend was all about being outside and embracing the summer weather (however hot it may be). Roomie R and J and I went on an adventure on Saturday. Our plan was to find a beach, but a hangover and a little extra sleep made us find something a little closer. We stumbled upon a lake outside of the city to cool off and catch some rays. The water was perfect to wash off the
alcohol hard day’s work. There will definitely be more trips here during the short summer months!
Sunday was spent lounging on rafts in a friend’s pool about an hour outside of Boston. Seems like there is no water but the Charles River in Boston, and no one wants to go in there….We ate a ton of
junk healthy foods and even got in some much needed movie watching exercise! (Side note, I actually did try the water weights but they befuddled me so it ended up more like an awkward splash dance.) What a productive day 😉 Not much sun, but still a wonderful time hanging with some favorites!
3. As most of you know, I’m new to the adult world and very unsure (read: freaking the f*ck out…) about what I want to do with the rest of my life. This is a very trying time for anyone: I’m literally still getting used to not being in college which stinks, and then deciding whether I want to stay or leave doesn’t help the stress levels. My most recent life course involves going back to school to get a masters in occupational therapy. The more I think about it, the more I get excited about my new prospect! It combines everything I want in a career: working with people, health promotion, and anatomy/physiology. Do you guys know any OTs or know anything about the job or have school recommendations? Obviously, I have a lot of research to do so I can’t wait to get started!
4. Dinner tonight with M and D! M knows just what to make for a hot summer meal. Tonight, we grubbed on turkey burgers stuffed with cheddar cheese, arugula with honey mustard dressing and avocado, and a curry quinoa salad with nectarines. I know, it sounds too good to be true! Recipe can be found on her blog: Meg’s Food Reality.
After dinner, I got needy and “suggested” we make a cake! M and I drove 2 minutes to a super market to get gluten free cake mix along the with accoutrements and got to work right away. As the cupcakes cooked in the oven, we watched Rizzoli and Isles….well M watched and I screamed and gasped because I’m a wuss. Here is the finished product, including M’s homemade icing:
They were thanking me for the request by the end of the night 🙂
5. And last but certainly not least, I found out I’m bunking with this beast for the weekend:
M and D are out of town for a few days and I’m taking their wonderful pup Luna for the weekend. I seriously can’t wait – I’ve always grown up with at least 3 dogs, so I really miss a dog’s company. We’re going to have a girl weekend together. Can you say babe magnet?!?
You stay classy, San Diego! (haha that movie makes me happy!)