First of all, Happy Father’s Day!! We love you, Daddio Patio Furniture 🙂
This weekend was full of a lot of firsts. Gross, not that kind of firsts, geez. Let me explain.
1. Friday night I went out in Boston and explored new areas I’ve never been – mainly Kenmore square. I loved the feeling I had when I walked down Commonwealth Ave. Everytime I make it into a new part of the city, I wish I could move there. Boston just has this comfortable, picturesque essence to it that screams my name. My response? “Lower your rent, or wait until I win the lottery.” Needless to say, our relationship is a bit touch-and-go.
I ate at Eastern Standard and had the best time! The drink menu is out of this world – it could have been written in Arabic and I would have understood just as much. No simple gin and tonics here! I tried the Old Cuban (my favorite) and a Whiskey Smash (reeeeally generous on the smash….) For dinner, I had the steak tar tar followed by the lobster gnocchi. This girl’s classy 🙂
2. Saturday afternoon consisted of something that I never do. Riding bicycles. I know there’s a huge craze right now over indoor cycling, mainly SoulCycle, but sue me….it’s boring. Bikes just aren’t really my friend. And they make my bum hurt (do the seats reeeeally have to be that skinny??). But I put that aside and rented a real bike for the day to go with M and D on a trail ride. They biked the Minuteman Bike Trail before and raved about it, so I decided to switch up my workout routine on a Saturday and ride with them. It was beautiful! Through Arlington and into Lexington we rode, stopped for lunch, and flew back. We passed the cutest towns, huge ponds, lots of playgrounds, and marshy areas. The day was a little overcast and chilly, so the trail wasn’t too packed and we were able to zoom around as we liked 🙂 It was definitely a great way to spend the afternoon!
3. Remember those awesome people I like to call my friends? Well they’re still cool. Sunday morning, we headed up to K’s house, after dropping off M at her all-year-long beach house, and had a much needed pool day. We left early to get there early because I had to leave early. Early. K’s wonderful parents made a fruit salad, homemade curry chicken salad, brie stuffed figs wrapped in prosciutto…what? Did drool just hit your keyboard too? It was delish! We were sooo grateful to get in our swim suits and soak in the sun. If even for a few hours, it was awesome. Thanksss K and family!
4. This cookie butter. Oh dear lord, I should have never bought this. It’s literally cookies trying to be peanut butter. I don’t know what to do with myself. I tried it today, and by “tried it” I mean forcefully stopped eating it before the whole thing was gone. Even the check-out guy at Trader Joe’s commented on how good it was. His exact words were “Have you ever had this stuff? It’s good on waffles, pancakes, fruit, toast, spoons.” I took him up on that last one for sure. My sister always says I have no self-restraint, which is true, so this week will be a true testament – can I keep myself away from the cookie butter long enough to be able to get into a swim suit this weekend? Only time will tell, my friends. May the force be with me.
5. I’m grateful for when Boston looks like this:
Taken on my way back to my apartment from a fitness class last week. Could be worse.
Oh and for those of you that can hear me sniffling and blowing my nose in a mile radius, I promise it’ll stop soon. It’s already gotten better!
Have a happy happy new week!!