Today after work, I did some last minute vaca shopping at Target. I always like shopping here because one of my very best friends from Penn State is a manager at a regional store. I met Lyd in my honors frat (I’m not ashamed) my sophomore year, and we’ve been inseparable ever since 🙂 So whenever I buy something at Target, I feel like I’m supporting her, which I love to do.
I bought some necessary supplies for my weekend getaway. It’s about a 2 hour drive to the Cape from Boston, so I’m going to pick up Em and D from the train station and hit the road. The most important part of this road trip is road snacks. It’s crucial to get some good grub to munch. Here’s what I got:
I promise I’m a healthy person. But the car is not place to crunch on celery or nibble on cottage cheese snack-packs. I always crave sweets (no surprise there….) so that’s why I got the Twizzlers. My mom loves the Twizz, so it’s a little taste of home also. The Beef Jerky is for D – apparently he’s on a kick. Whatevs, brother. Just trying to satisfy. Trail mix because we’re going to be mixing with trails, Popchips because I just discovered them and want to pop ’em in my mouth like it’s my J O B, and Goldfish because that’s a huge box and everyone likes Goldfish (the snack that smiles back). There are going to be 12 people at the Cape this weekend, so I figure we could all use some unhealthy snacks. Can’t wait!!!
Also on my shopping list was things I couldn’t live without:
- Revlon “Flirt” nail polish. My toes need some love, people.
- L’Oreal True Match foundation, in Buff Beige. I read about this in 5 Inch and Up, and she’s beautiful, so I’m taking a tip from an expert. Hopefully, this will end my search for a good foundation.
- Spray sunscreen. It’s gotta be broad spectrum, people. Avoid the burn.
- Hand sanitizer for my desk at work. You never know what’ll go down in someones cube, so be prepared.
- Tom’s deodorant. I hear it’s better for you than normal deodorant. Do you guys have any insight into that? Something about the amount of aluminum in it, I believe.
- And those really cute yoga pants. I like the fold over kind with a fun print at the top. It’s the perfect pop of color in a normally dull lounging outfit 🙂
I don’t know when I’ll be able to wear the pants though…It’s still hot as tater tots out here and I can barely keep my clothes on in my apartment. Everyone is going at a significantly slower pace, which is probably why I haven’t worked out the last 2 days. I was telling Roomie R tonight that I feel MORE tired if I don’t work out, but it’s more of a mental and not physical fatigue, like after a workout. My plan is to wake up early to get a little exercise in before it gets too hot. We’ll see how I feel at 6:30 am….resist the snooze button!!!
Happy heat, everyone 🙂