What makes me happy, you ask?
Please excuse my brief sabbatical as I was out of touch in the Canadian territories last week. Every summer, we spend a week in Canada with family and friends, many of whom will become family pretty soon! This small part of the Bay is incredibly special to my family, especially now. We have known these people our whole lives: learned how to water ski with them, had our first kisses, attempts at camping, late LATE nights talking on docks, and the occasional swim in the nude if you will. The time we spend up there is always one of my favorite weeks of the year, as in I’m already counting down the days to next summer’s trip. Here are some highlights of the trip:
- Sang “Is This Love” with my best friend at the Hootenanny (and yes by the way, it is love)
- Played countless games of Wastebasket and Family, and learned about a new terrible card game called Cards Against Humanity. Great for the dirty-minded and easily entertained.
- Dipped in the skinny twice.
- Learned how to drive a boat!
- Picnicked, picnicked, picnicked.
- Drank enough Canadian beer to last me to New Years.
- And saw almost every person that I wanted to see 🙂
It was a successful trip!
The week after we leave Canada is literally the worst week of the year. There seems like nothing to look forward to and you realize that you have to wait another 365 days until the next time you’re there. It’s pretty depressing. So I wanted to sum up the trip and start with this week, since maybe I’ll have a soul and actually find a reason to get out of bed in the mornings.
On the schedule for this week: Be Positive!